*Opens fridge and dies a little inside at the hideous sight of ZERO FOOD IN(not literally, but you know what i mean)*
Nothing to cook? No food in, just random bits? No effort to make anything, cause of that boring as hell day at work/uni? Ye the same feelings i have everyday… However your body needs energy to get you through tomorrow and who doesn’t like relaxing in your pjs with a warm bowl of food, whilst you chill and binge watch a tv series..
- 1/4 onion/
- Pack of noodles: i went for Nissin due to they’re pure beautiful and only 45p (Tesco).
- 2 mushrooms.
- Left over pork from yesterday’s dinner.
- Boil the kettle and place noodles into a bowl.
- Place 3 teaspoons of olive oil into a pan.
- Slice both the mushrooms and onions into what ever size you like. I tend to slice them up pretty small but that depends on my lazy-ness that day haha..
- Throw the veg into the pan and gently flip (allows the oil to cover all the veg).
- When the kettle is boiled, pour gently over the noodles and sachets (comes free with noodles wooo) and allow to soak (not you in the bath, the noodles=food focus on).
- Once your veg is not burnt, pour into the bowl that contains your noodles and mix together. I personally tend to leave the juice in rather than pouring it out, as it keeps the noodles moist.
The result: Noodle heaven.
A quick meal that takes literally 4 minutes or less and is a little more nutritious than just your packet of noodles. What I find the most satisfying is knowing that you have used up ingredients that you may have thrown away or forgotten about. Unless you come from a family like mine that are complete polar opposites: older relatives=throw nothing away and use everything up. Mum= sell by date: 1 day to go but looks completely fine= still throws away.
love, chloe x