FOOD. The four letter word that oddly brings shivers, anxiety and memories you want to suppress. But food shouldn’t be that way, right? You see endless bloggers blogging such yummy food,’mouth watering goodness’ indeed! But then you have doctors indoctrinating that you need food, the media stating that you’re eating the ”wrong’ kinds of food, then a nutritionist hammering away at you whilst all you can think of is the four letter word: FOOD. I feel like the plant from little shop of horrors when he’s singing ‘feed me seymore’, of course i’m not a plant eating human, but I guess thats how my body must be feeling: exhaustingly hungry hahah.
Ive been on my journey for 5+ years and i still feel like i am on an endless exodus but i decided to tackle new meals at home slowly. What i find hard is making meals to suit myself, making them as nutritious as possible and supplying my body with the warm and amazing food it deserves!!! But the first step is always the hardest. Do not ever feel discouraged if this looks like a meal you will ‘never’ be able to do BECAUSE i once thought the exact same thing and now i’m currently sat indulging into this exact meal whilst writing and who said miracles don’t come true (pardon the pun). Progression is individualistic and each person tackles things in their own ways and OWN TIME.
(I don’t cut any type of food out of my diet (i.e. meat, fish, eggs, oats) due to the fact i am not at a stage where this would be beneficial for myself. However you can supplement the sardines if you’re vegan for some yummy as hell tofu, sliced fresh avocado? )
THE MEAL: A strange but warming concoction of nutritious foods’
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 6 black Olives
- 1 full tea spoon of cream cheese
- 2 sardines ( 37p a tin from Aldi, 40p from Marks and Spencers)
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1 mushroom
- A LARGE helping of Hellmans BBQ sauce (an obsession i never lost the love for)
- Peel and wash the sweet potato and then cut into slices – place in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or whenever the potato becomes soft.
- Chop both the pepper, olives, spring onion and mushroom into dices or what ever crazy shapes you want.
- Place a small amount of butter and oil into the pan then sprinkle in your chopped veg.
- Place some boiling hot water into a pan and once the water is boiled (water starts to bubble) gently drop in the egg (I keep mine in for 1-2 mins cause I like to keep the yoke runny).
- Place 1 FULL tea spoon of soft cheese into a bowl, along with your fried veg and then mash in your sweet potato (takes around 5 seconds for you to look like a serial killer hahah). However DONT mash all the mix into a soft consistency.
- Place the mixed veg and potato onto the centre of your plate >slathering on some BBQ sauce> place your sardines on top> lightly place the egg on top and then cut some fresh spring onion to sprinkle on top and a pinch of pepper.
ALL READY IN AROUND 5-10 MINUTES!! *stands back and admires master piece*.
Food should be about you having fun and creating beautiful meals THAT YOU want to eat and feel COMFORTABLE WITH.
A warm love: chloe x
( if you have any other yummy recipes that have worked for you, please email me and share them with me or if you have any worries about portion size, other meals, breakfast time etc, comment below and i shall do a post on them!)